End It Movement USA (Recommended)
• Seeks to shine a light on freedom, raising funds and disseminating awareness to end human trafficking
Polaris Project (Recommended)
• Known for its National Human trafficking Hotline, Polaris seeks to transform the way we respond to human trafficking.
Made In A Free World (Recommended)
• Joins individuals, groups and businesses to create unique and effective campaigns that “disrupt slavery and make freedom go viral.”
• madeinafreeworld.com and slaveryfootprint.org
Not For Sale (Recommended)
• Uses business creation, supply chain evaluation, and aftercare aid, to strive towards it’s mission to create a world where no one is for sale
• Works to empower global church in hopes that vulnerable people can become transformed economically, socially, and spiritually
Human Rights Watch
• Dedicated to protecting the rights of humans around the world by disseminating news, investigating human rights violations, and working with governments to end abusive practices
• An independent watchdog organization that analyzes the challenges to freedom, advocates for greater political and civil liberties, and supports frontline activists to defend human rights and promote democratic change
International Justice Mission (Recommended)
• A human rights agency that brings rescue to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression
The Aruna Project (Recommended)
• A relationally driven effort to rescue women out of sex trafficking by raising awareness, running 5k’s on campuses and communities, and raising funds for a specific project in the brothels of India.
Freedom 58 Project (Recommended)
• Freedom58project is designated to grow the partnership between Cru and IJM in mobilizing a generation to end slavery. Contact Libby.email@example.com
Tiny Hands International (Recommended)
• A Christian non-profit organization dedicated to empowering the church in the developing world to help the poor overcome poverty
Free the Slaves
• Seeks to help slaves break free and stay free in global trafficking hotspots by changing systems that allow slavery to exist
Out of Darkness
• Works with community organizations, state service providers, private care providers, and law enforcement agencies in the state of Georgia by providing a 24/7 hotline for trafficked victims
For the Sake of One (Recommended)
• A Christ centered non- profit organization, whose mission is to prevent, rescue and heal children involved in domestic child sex trafficking.
Rapha House (Recommended)
• Exists to love, rescue, and heal children who have been rescued from trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Wellspring Living USA (Recommended)
• Strives to fulfill it’s mission “to confront the issue of childhood sexual abuse and exploitation through awareness, training, and treatment programs for women and girls”
Warm Blankets Orphan Care International (Recommended)
• Dedicated to the rescue of permanently displaced children, orphans and widows through third world church planting and orphanage outreach
She is Safe (Recommended)
• Works to prevent, rescue and restore women and girls from abuse and exploitation around the world, equipping them to have a strong future
Hagar International (Recommended)
• Restores to wholeness the lives of women and children in Afghanistan, Cambodia & Vietnam that have been torn apart by human rights abuse
The A21 Campaign
• Prevents trafficking through awareness and education, protects those who have been trafficked, and prosecutes traffickers
• Works to abolish child trafficking and exploitation through prevention and aftercare
– U.S. Department of Justice
– U.S. Department of Homeland Security
– U.S. Department of State
– U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
– U.S. Agency for International Development
Batstone, David. Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade–and How We Can Fight It. New York: HarperCollins, 2007.
Haugen, Gary. Good News about Injustice: A Witness of Courage in a Hurting World. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 1999. (Recommended)
Kara, Siddarth. Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery. New York: Columbia University Press, 2009.
Keller, Timothy. Generous Justice: How God’s Justice Makes us Just. New York: Dutton Adult, 2010. (Recommended)
Kristof, Nicholas D., and Sheryl WuDunn. Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide. New York: Knopf, 2009.
Lloyd, Rachel. Girls Like Us: Fighting For a World Where Girls are Not For Sale. New York: HarperCollins, 2011.
US Department of State. The Trafficking in Persons Report. Published annually. www.state.gov/j/tip/rls/tiprpt
Nefarious Documentary – nefariousdocumentary.com
Amazing Grace – www.amazinggracemovie.com/the_film.php
The Freedom Film – 268generation.com/passion2013/freedom-film/
IJM Videos – vimeo.com/ijm
END IT – Indifference is Not An Option – www.youtube.com/watch?v=gePiCeuJ504
Not Today – nottodaythemovie.com/
Half the Sky PBS Production – www.halftheskymovement.org/pages/film
It’s a Girl! – www.itsagirlmovie.com
Trade of Innocents – tradeofinnocents.com